Federal Tax Information
State Tax Information
- Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Connecticut State Tax Forms
- Electronic Filing Information for Connecticut
- Federation of Tax Administrators: Tax rates for all 50 states.
Normally the Library receives forms and instruction booklets from both the State and Federal governments. The IRS has notified libraries that due to the new tax law the forms and booklets libraries have received may or may not be correct. We have pulled all the Federal paper forms. The IRS will not be re-printing these materials and they will not mail them to taxpayers.
State of Connecticut Forms
Cragin Memorial Library does have a supply of State of Connecticut tax forms.
- The Library does not have Federal tax forms and will not be receiving updated ones.
- Correct forms and instructions are available here.
- Library staff will be happy to assist taxpayers in finding forms, but must charge $0.15 per page for printing after the first two pages.
- Be sure to find forms only at a .gov site, there are .com sites that charge users for the forms!
Tax Filing Assistance
AARP Tax Aide
Appointments are available on a limited basis at the Colchester Senior Center. Appointments are on Fridays from February 9 to April 11. Call (860) 537-3911 to make an appointment.
Trained volunteers at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites offer free tax filing assistance from mid-January -April 18. (Dates and times vary by site) Anyone, regardless of age, can use a VITA site for assistance. VITA volunteers help taxpayers prepare~basic~tax return forms. The general eligibility for VITA assistance is income last year was less than $54,000. VITA sites are held at libraries, churches, senior centers and other community meeting places. Note: Some sites are by appointment only; some are walk in only. Link onto the~2-1-1 website~, to find a~VITA site.
261 Main Street
Norwich, CT 06360
2018: Jan. 31-Apr. 11; By appointment only; E-File Site
Closed 2/24/18 and 3/10/2018
If your household earned less than $66,000 in 2017,~you can file both your federal and state returns for free using MyFreeTaxes.com.~This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way has made it available to over 100 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.