All dogs 6 months or older must be licensed per the State of Connecticut. Licensing provides the information to locate the owner in a timely manner if the dog is found loose. Without a license fines can be imposed. The license law is enforced by animal control.
You must renew your license annually within the month of June. A dog can be licensed at any time during the year, but you will incur a late fee of $1 per month (or fraction thereof), if you license after June 30. If the dog turns 6 months of age or is new to town after the June deadline, you will not incur a late fee.
You can obtain a dog license in person or via mail.
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope
- Appropriate Fee with penalty included (if applicable)
- Spayed/Neutered - $8.00
- Not Spayed/Neutered - $19.00
- Late Fee (if you did not license in June) $1.00/per month late (or fraction there of)
- Owner information:
- Telephone #
- Dog information:
- Proof of rabies vaccination - Sometimes the information needed is all listed on the Rabies Certificate
- Alteration (spayed/neautered) Certificate, if applicable