1. Our community will commemorate the 21st anniversary of September 11th this Sunday, September 11th, at the Colchester Hayward Firehouse (52 Old Hartford Road) at 8 am. The entire community is invited to join town leaders and fire department members in observance.
2. A Town Meeting on the Town Budget is scheduled for Monday, September 19th, at 6:30 pm at Town Hall in Meeting Room 1. The Town Budget referendum will be held on Wednesday, September 28th. If the budget passes, the new mill rate will be 26.83 mills.
3. Celebrate Colchester is coming Saturday, September 17th, and it will be held on the Town Green. The event will be held from 1 pm – 5 pm. There will be a dunk tank for the First Selectman too!
We invite all Colchester community organizations and businesses to register for a booth. There is no fee to register, we ask that you donate an item or a basket for our silent drawing that will be held at the event. Winners will be drawn at the end of the day. The funds we collect from the drawing will be used to cover the cost of the summer concerts in 2023.
The event will be funded entirely through sponsors and donations – and is not a line item in our budget. My promise to bring back a remixed version of 57 Fest will be delivered.
4. Playground Update: The project should be completed by next Saturday.
5. Hybrid Room Update: Anticipated completion mid to late September.
6. The Homefield Opener for the Colchester Cougars will be Saturday, September 10th at 2 pm (Pee Wee Division), and the games will continue the rest of the day for the other age groups. Hope to see you all there!
7. Per the state's declaration, the Colchester Water Dept is recommending that residents and businesses located in Colchester voluntarily take the following measures to aid in minimizing future drought impacts:
• Avoid power washing of homes, sidewalks, and driveways
• Reduce automatic outdoor irrigation
• Postpone the planting of any new lawns or vegetation
• Minimize overall water use by fixing leaky plumbing and fixtures
• Follow any additional conservation requests issued by water suppliers or municipalities
The Colchester Water Dept will keep you informed should drought conditions worsen and require further Emergency Water Conservation Measures.