1. Celebrate Colchester is this Saturday, September 17th, and it will be held on the Town Green. The event will be held from 1 pm – 5 pm. There will be a dunk tank for the First Selectman too!
The event will be funded entirely through sponsors and donations – and is not a line item in our budget. My promise to bring back a remixed version of 57 Fest will be delivered.
2. Congratulations to K-9 Dutch on joining the Colchester Police. Dutch will be paired with Officer Dominic Sullivan. We wish them both the best. A special thank you to Sgt. Darrell Tetreault, our Resident State Trooper, for bringing Dutch to Colchester!!
3. A Town Meeting on the Town Budget is scheduled for Monday, September 19th, at 6:30 pm at Town Hall in Meeting Room 1. The Town Budget referendum will be held on Wednesday, September 28th. If the budget passes, the new mill rate will be 26.83 mills.
4. Playground Update: All material has arrived. There was a slight delay in the construction, but the playground should be up soon.
5. Hybrid Room Update: Anticipated completion mid to late September. Colchester will be at the forefront of meeting technology, participation, and transparency upon its implementation.