UPCOMING PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Shop local and support our talented artisans! All links are active in the PDF, allowing you to click any email or web link and go directly to the business contact or page you are looking for.
If you need any assistance at all, please contact the Recreation office- we are here to help! VIEW VIRTUAL VENDOR FAIR
HOLIDAY HOME & BUSINESS DECORATING CONTEST
- Register your home/business by 12/6/21.
- Print the free map and take a nice drive around Colchester to view all the holiday decorations. Vote for your favorite!
- Register online at www.colchesterct.gov/recreation-department
2021 HOLIDAY ORNAMENTS
Stop by Colchester Town Hall to purchase the 2021 Commemorative Holiday Ornament. Ornaments are $6.00 each and will be available at Holiday Homecoming on Saturday, December 4th!
2021 HOLIDAY ARCH SPONSORSHIP
Share in the holiday spirit-sponsor a holiday arch that is proudly displayed on Colchester Town Green. There are a limited number of arch sponsorships available, so don’t wait! For more information, contact Colchester Recreation at email@example.com.
HOLIDAY HOMECOMING, STUFF THE CRUISER & LETTERS TO SANTA
Let’s kick off the holiday season with a celebration! Saturday, December 4, 2021 at the Town Green
The Colchester Fire Department, Colchester Police and Colchester Recreation have a fun night of activities and magic planned for you.
Santa will drive through some lucky neighborhoods to wave to the children from his decorated fire truck. At 4:30 the fire trucks will bring Santa to the Town Green where he will help light the holiday tree. There will be time for every child to visit with Santa in the gazebo.
All children are encouraged to bring their letters to Santa and mail them to the North Pole in our special mailbox. Santa and Mrs. Clause will mail a personal letter back to every child that sends him a letter from the Holiday Homecoming. Please remember to include the child’s name, age, and address on each letter.
Everyone is encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped, and unused gift to the Colchester Police annual Stuff a Cruiser. All gifts will benefit local families.
The Colchester Choir and Orchestra will perform everyone’s holiday favorites at the Bacon Academy Auditorium beginning at 6:30PM
There will be hot chocolate, coffee, holiday music, sing-alongs and more!
- When: Saturday, Dec. 4th, beginning at 4:00PM
- Santa will arrive @ 4:30 to light the tree!
GINGERBREAD HOUSE CONTEST
Build a gingerbread house and display it at the Town Hall. Use your imagination and creativity to build a unique holiday home. Families, friends, teams or independent builders are encouraged to submit their masterpiece. All Town Hall visitors will be encouraged to vote for their favorite gingerbread house.
- Drop off your pre-made gingerbread house to the Recreation Department, 127 Norwich Ave, Colchester CT, Nov. 29-Dec. 3, 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- Gingerbread Houses will be displayed throughout the Town Hall Dec. 6-22, 2021.
- Each gingerbread house will be awarded a fun superlative award ribbon.
- The “Community Favorite” will be awarded to the gingerbread house with the most community votes.
- This is a free event!