Energy Assistance

The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) helps Connecticut residents afford to heat their homes in the winter. The program is administered by Connecticut’s Department of Social Services in partnership with local Community Action Agencies throughout the state. The agency that covers Colchester is TVCCA.  After you submit your application, you’ll get a letter in the mail from TVCCA within 45 days telling you if you are eligible and, if you are eligible, about the benefits you will get.  Alternatively, you may get a letter asking for additional information if needed. 

Call Colchester Youth and Social Services at (860)537-7255 to make an appointment here at the Town Hall or you can make an in-person appointment with TVCCA in Norwich by calling their main office (860)425-6681

For frequently asked questions, including required documentation, visit TVCCA's Energy Assistance site.