The Youth FIRST! Coalition is charged with the mission of promoting the social, emotional and physical health and well-being of Colchester youth. The Coalition does this by:
- Advising and making recommendations on overall policy and program direction for the Youth Service Bureau
- Developing culturally competent substance abuse prevention initiatives and increasing public awareness of the prevention of substance abuse
Responsibilities of Coalition members include:
- Educate and aid the community in recognizing its responsibility and role in the alleviation and solution of social problems involving youth; including substance abuse
- Resource development/fundraising
- Public Awareness of Youth Service Bureau
- Advocate on behalf of policies and services that promote the healthy development of children and families
- Provide an example of community involvement and volunteerism to youth
If you are interested in becoming a member of Youth FIRST,please contact us or come to a meeting. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month (except July and August) from 5:00-6:00 p.m. at the Youth Center, 40 Norwich Ave. Children are welcome to attend.
Click HERE for the Youth FIRST Coalition’s
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION INITIATIVES!