Fill out an application for an absentee ballot. Besides the link provided, you may obtain an application in the Town Clerk’s Office. You must be a current Colchester Voter at the time of the application.
After we receive the completed application you will be given an absentee ballot to fill out. If you apply in person you can fill out the ballot at that time or take it with you to return within the specified period.
We must receive the fully filled out ballot and enclosed envelopes by:
- If delivered in person, by you the voter, it must be delivered to the Town Clerk no later than the Monday before the Election at 4:30PM.
- If delivered in person by a family member, or qualified designee*, it must reach the Town Clerk’s office by the end of polls on Election Day.
- If delivered by mail it must be received no later than 4:30PM on Election Day.
If you have any questions you may call the Town Clerks office at (860) 537-7215.
*A designee is:
- A person caring for you because of your illness, including but not limited to a licensed physician or a registered practical nurse
- A member of your family
- A police officer in our municipality
- A registrar of voters or deputy registrar of voters in our municipality
Absence/Inability to vote in person does not mean that you forfeit your right to vote!
Voters are urged to contact the clerk’s office at 537-7215 with any specific questions.
The federal MOVE ACT (Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment) was signed into law by President Obama on October 28, 2009 and makes provisions for mailing a ballot electronically, upon request, to a voter who is in the military, their dependents or a Colchester Resident who is temporarily overseas. (Electronic means faxing as well as emailing).
If you choose to receive the ballot electronically, no envelope “B” will be included.Please mail your ballot with an envelope clearly marked “Election Material”. Your completed ballot must be received by the clerk no later than 8 P.M. on Election Day. If you submitted your absentee ballot application to the clerk electronically, be sure to mail the original, signed application to the Town Clerk's Office to ensure that your ballot can be counted.
The actual ballot is a blank ballot format that is sent along with a list of candidates. If you qualify for an emailed ballot, please contact the Town Clerk at 860-537-7215 or email us at email@example.com.The absentee ballot application can now be faxed or emailed to us. If you are not military personnel, their dependent, or an overseas voter, please follow the instructions outlined above to request an absentee ballot.
Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act
If you need the Electronic Transmission Service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any UOCAVA related questions please contact email@example.com.
Registering to Vote
You may register to vote in the Registrar's Office or the Town Clerk's Office by filling out a voter registration card (Click Here)