The Youth Services Advisory Board is charged with the mission of advising and making recommendations on overall policy and program direction for the Bureau. The Advisory Board is comprised of youths, school, and police officials, as well as concerned citizens.
Responsibilities of the Advisory Board include:
• Resource development/fundraising
• Assessing the needs of Colchester families
• Public Awareness of Youth Services
• To educate, encourage, and aid the community in recognizing its responsibility and role in the alleviation
and solution of social problems involving youth.
• Advocate on behalf of services that promote the healthy development of children and families.
• Provide an example of community involvement and volunteerism to our youth.
If you are interested in joining the Board, please read the Board member job description to determine if your interest and our needs are a match.
Advisory Board membership is constituted by the State Department of Education and Town of Colchester ordinances.